Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

CADC Emergency Assistance Program for Rent/Mortgage & Water

By Dale Gathright, Jr., 06/18/20 12:58 PM


BENTON – The Central Arkansas Development Council will begin providing emergency assistance for rent/mortgage payments and water payments effective immediately.

CADC, whose stated mission is to “alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty, to help vulnerable populations achieve their potential, and to build strong communities in Arkansas through community action,” will begin providing emergency financial assistance to customers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately. These funds are specifically for past due rent/mortgage payments and past due water utility assistance due to financial restraints as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The program will closely follow the requirements for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. The maximum benefit for Rent/Mortgage assistance is $500 and the maximum benefit for the Water Utility Assistance is $150.

Applicants must reside in one of the nineteen counties in CADC’s service area, meet income guidelines of 125% of poverty, complete the customer intake form, provide a copy of their ID, provide proof of all household income (last 4 check stubs, unemployment, child support, SSI, SSDI, retirement benefits, etc.). If requesting assistance with rent or mortgage applicant must provide lease/mortgage agreement and have occupied the residence for at least six (6) months along with a copy of past due statement and/or letter from the landlord showing past due amount. If requesting assistance with past due water bill applicant must provide a copy of past due water utility bill or payment summaries from utility office showing the delinquent amount. All statements must have a current date.

Applications are being taken by appointment only at the local CADC office in each of the 19 counties CADC serves.

Hempstead and Nevada County residents can apply by appointment through the Hope office at 200 South Elm, Suite 2, or call 870-724-5080.