Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

By Staff, 05/26/20 3:44 PM

Information you must have to apply for LiHEAP Assistance


Proof of income for all household members I8 years or older for the previous month

This includes all check stubs that have a pay date in the preulous month.

 If check stubs are not available, an earnings statement must be completed by your employer.

Proof of child support if both biological parents are not in the home

You need to bring a child support statement from the Office of Child Support Enforcement

This is required even if you do not receive any child support or have an open case.

Proof of unemployment for all household members I8 years or older that are unemployed.

This is required even if you do not recieve any unemployment benefits.

 You will need to go to the unemployment office and they can print out what you have or have not received in the last month. Please note that you will need 2 forms of ID to obtain printout.

 If you have lost your job within the last 60 days you will need an unemployment printout in addition to a statement from your employer that states your last date of employment and any income that was received in the previous month.

 If anyone is a full time student who is unemployed they will also need a letter from the school stating that he or she is a full time student.

Proof of Social Security, Retirement, Pensions, Workman’s Comp, or Disabflity

 You will need a copy of Your award letter for the current year.

 We can not accept a copy of your bank statement.

 To request your SS or SSI award Letter, go to www.socialsecurity.gov/beve or call 1-800-772-1213.

Proof of utility allowance

 If you live In government housing or receive rental essistance we need a letter from the Housing Authority that states whether or not you recieve a utility reimbursement check

 Even if you do not recieve a reimbursement check each month we still need letter from them stating you do not get one.

If you have no income

 We need-proof of how you have been paying your bills. If someone has helped you we need a contribudon statement completed from each person who helped you in the previous month.

 We also need you to get an unemployment printout for all household members who are 18 or older.


We MUST have Social security Numbers and Birthdates for ALL Household Members

What is LiHEAP? LiHEAP assists low income people,

who qualify, with a utility bill. Clients must live in Arkansas and live in the county that they apply. Clients must meet income and resource eligibility guidelines.

2020 Income Guidelines

Household Monthly

Size Countable

Income ($)

1 $1,696

2 $2,218

3 $2,740

4 $3,261

5 $3,783

6 $4,305

7 $4,403

8 $4,501

9 $4,599

10 $4,696

11 $4,794

12 $4,892

13 $4,990

14 $5,088

15 $5,186

16 $5,284

17 $5,S81

18 $5,479

19 $5,577

20 $5,675