Fire claims man’s life

By Staff, 09/19/17 10:09 AM


PRESCOTT – A house fire recently claimed the life of a 63-year-old Prescott man.

According to Prescott Police Chief Joey Beavers, the call came in at 3:52 a.m. on Sept. 6 concerning a house fire on West Second North. The body of Michael Morton was found in the living room area of the structure.

Beavers said the fire started in the kitchen, most likely from a short in the electric stove. The incident is being investigated as an accidental death pending the results from the medical examiner’s office. The preliminary cause of death was reported as smoke inhalation, Beavers said, and foul plays is not suspected.

Two crews with the Prescott Fire Department responded to the blaze, which destroyed the house. The Arkansas State Police arson investigator was also called in. Beavers stressed at this time everything is being ruled accidental.


4 Responses to Fire claims man’s life

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *